On Saturday, St. Louis held its annual St. Patrick's Day 5 mile run. Shane and I have run this for the past couple of years (for those of you who have never run this race-it is AWESOME!)-and we signed up back before Christmas to participate again. Obviously, I did not think about the fact that I would have just given birth 6 weeks before this run-NOTE-It is 5 WHOLE miles-not a 5k:) Anyway, our nephew decided to run too and Larry and Dawn offered to watch little lady. While this made the run A LOT easier not pushing a stroller, it freaked this new mama out just a little to leave her baby. However, Larry and Dawn were so excited and obviously were more than capable-so we went for it! Mia had a great time-as we knew she would! And...mommy ran the whole 5 miles-well, we should say jog-but she did the whole thing with no walking! WAHOO!
Mia hanging with Uncle Larry and Aunt Dawn:)
Waiting to start:) It was so nice out!
Shane and Jordan...ready to roll!
Congrats Tammy on running your first race since Mia was born. I know you are excited for her to get to "run" with you too.
ReplyDelete