This morning I ran the Thin Mint Sprint Half Marathon in Edwardsville celebrating 100 years of Girl Scouts-the weather was nice, course was flat-needed a lot more water stops-but other than that it was a great run for me:)
I finished in 2 hours 13 minutes-which was only 2 1/2 mintues slower than my best ever and 9 minutes faster than the 2 halfs I have done after having Mia! I was SUPER EXCITED. My cheering squad-Shane, Mia and Tobi met me at the finish:) Random moment of the day though-crossed the finish line to find a guy standing there in a Tampico Fire Dept shirt:) I totally knew him and so did Tobi-who would have thought:) Keep in mind I live 4 hours from my hometown-and it only has 600 people in it...
Side note~I chose to run this one today becuase the Relay for Life was going on that my dad was very involved in and since we were not making the trip north-I ran 13.1 in honor of the Relay-I figure dad walked about that many miles:):) I sent out the letters that dad always sent and we collected over $1500 for the American Cancer Society from theMickey's Marathoners :)
Mia with my finishers medal:)
Then, she wanted to run with mommy-so we ran-after the 13.1!
Mia's favorite treat-a post-race banana with mommy:)
I brought my Mickey's Marathoners shirt with me and we took some pics after the run:)
Here is our family after the race....
No comments:
Post a Comment